This has become a familiar site in our backyard. The neighbor kids have been at our house daily and while Isaac loves it and I'm ready for a break from the kiddos. You have no idea how excited and nervous I am that Nolan is starting preschool in a couple weeks.
Monday, July 29, 2013
I had a couple of helpers for these cookies and sadly I didn't get any pictures before I ate them all.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the blueberries.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (2 each) equals 151 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sunday, July 28, 2013
Saturday, July 27, 2013
When I came down the stairs the other morning at 6:30am I found this guys in the window. I asked him what he was doing and his response was that he was trying to get the fly. That's so sweet of him to try to help me rid our house of flies, but not so sweet that he wakes the entire house by banging on windows.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Not really, but I keep forgetting to take my camera with me out on our adventures. The kids and I went blueberry picking and I found a few fun recipes. Here's a picture I tried to capture of David enjoying my blueberry crumble for breakfast before work. I was actually trying to capture how much whip cream he put on it. As you see he was not a willing subject for this photography session.
Hopefully I'll remember to take my camera with me this weekend while David and I get away. My mom is coming to town to watch the kids this weekend while David and I stay downtown at The Conrad. I am super excited! Mainly for eating at restaurants without the kids so we can enjoy our food and company.
Thursday, July 11, 2013
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
Isaac loved the fireworks. Nolan was not impressed with watching them. Even the parachute one didn't get him cheering. He seemed excited when he was finished with the roman candle. Other than we had a pretty uneventful July 4th. I am so blessed to spend it with this wonderful family God gave me.