Monday, January 10, 2011

Book Club Picks

My MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers) book club reads faster reads since we don't have that much down time to read, but I have found this is a great way to do something for myself that doesn't require trying to rearrange schedules with my husband so I can get out of the house. Our group recently read The Help. I loved the book and wanted more. So hopefully this author will come out with something soon. The book follows three women in the South and one woman is a housemaid. A wonderful book and I highly recommend it, I have it if you'd like to borrow it.
Next is Water for Elephants, the group had already read this one before I joined and I've heard good things about this book. So this turned out to be the my first ebook on my iPad and it just took a few days to read. I really liked this book even though in my opinion a little too much talk about sex. I'm really curious to see what the movie will be like. I heard that it will be out this summer and Robert Pattinson is in it. I'm pretty sure this will be a Mom's Night Out event for my MOPS group.

This month we are reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet, which I recommended to group. I'm curious to see what the group thinks about it. This book was given to my by a friend and I have passed it on too. I really like the historical fiction stories and can't wait to read next months selection, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.

3 comments:

  1. I just read The Help and loved it! I couldn't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet. thanks for sending it to me. first book ive read since.... college.....? pathetic huh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so glad you liked the book I gave you, and it was put to good use in your moms group. The Help sounds good - I will have to read that one next.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!