Monday, March 5, 2012

Speech

My speech went wonderfully. For those few hours God took away this cold and gave me confidence. Of course the cold came back as soon as I picked up my children from a friend's house. During my breakout session, it turned out to be in the main room, I spoke after a genetic counselor spoke. It was so awesome that our presentations just seemed to flow together. We even answered questions together. I had a few people come up afterwards to tell me that they really appreciate hearing it from the patients perspective. The group that we spoke to was mainly health care professionals. I even spotted two that had helped me in the last month. I was so grateful that a friend came out to support me too. It was an awesome opportunity and turned out better that I anticipated. I'm an educator at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!