Monday, November 12, 2012

Pediatric Orthopedic Appointment



 We had an appointment with him on October 24, but when an hour had passed and we were going stir crazy in the exam room I went searching for the nurse. I then found out it would be at least another hour before seeing the doctor so I opted to reschedule. We finally got to see him, after waiting another hour past our appointment time, and he seemed very knowledgeable and was able to answer all of my questions to my satisfaction. He's not concerned that Nolan's tibia turns inward and feels that it will fix itself with time. Nolan's feet turning in are not severe but they do need fixing. We have three options for fixing them. One is to put his shoes on the wrong feet, which will keep them in a straight position. This one we've been trying for a couple weeks now, but we may not see results for a couple of months. The second option is to get special shoes for Nolan that will keep his feet straight. The third option is to cast his feet and have that cast changed every few weeks. I really don't want to do the third option just because I know we will be waiting in those small rooms every few weeks.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!