Monday, October 27, 2014

Richmond, Virginia State Capitol

This statehouse was designed by Thomas Jefferson and it flows very nicely. It is so rich with history too. I didn't get any photos of the outside for several reasons; it was raining and the entrance is underground which was hard to find. 

Here's a copy of the Declaration of Independence. 


I already forgot what the two symbols in the corners mean. I'm pretty sure one is the state symbol. 

This is the only time George Washington stood for a artist. Plaster of paris was used on his face and turkey quills were used in his nostrils and mouth so he could breathe. Also he never got to see the finished product. 

The old house of representatives, that is no longer used. 

Nolan under my chair.

Fun fact: South Carolina is the only state to still have the original Mace. Virginia sold theirs for $100 to a silver smith. 

Robert E. Lee



Nolan then started taking pictures for me. 








 There is so much more about this town that I want to learn. We'll have to stop back by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!