Sunday, January 25, 2015

Funeral for Hazel Gibson Nation

Hazel died January 4. There was no question as to whether I was going or not. The question was what to do with the kids. David's schedule is somewhat flexible so he was able to get Isaac ready for school and pick him up most days. Thankfully we have some great friends and neighbors that help us get our kids to school and let Isaac play after school at their house. This left Nolan, so I took him with me for a journey to SC and GA. He was a fabulous travel companion and even great at the visitation and funeral. It helped that there was a distant cousin for him to play with. 

His first trip to a Waffle House because he wanted pancakes. It turns out the don't have pancakes unless you are a really cute 3 year old.



He had a nice rock with Aunt Betty at the visitation. She was so incredibly thoughtful. She brought a hotwheels trucks for him and even one to bring back to Isaac. The casket was beautiful made by the Amish and the rocking chair is made to match the casket as a keepsake. I found out that my grandmother was the 5th child out of 13. Aunt Betty is the second to youngest of the group. During the funeral I came to realize I have a Gibson nose.  

Nolan was checking out Pawpaw's quarter collection. 

Nolan had a fun time playing with his distant cousin Madison, which I find funny because I used to play with her mom and brother when I would visit GA.

Here's a picture of Robin, Madison's mom and my distant cousin, and myself hunting for Easter eggs.  And here's Nolan passed out at Nana's house visiting with Karen, Mike, and Nana. We did get in a trip to see Gma, Gpa, Bob, Shannon, and Nicole too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!