Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hysterectomy and Menopause at 36

On June 13 I went in for a preventative laparoscopic total hysterectomy. All that week I spent in bed and got lots of visits from my boys. My mom came up to help take care of them and me. 
Now I'm 5 weeks out and had my follow up. It turns out I'm still healing and they'll see me in 3 more weeks. I was really hoping I'd get released since school starts next week. Also since I set up my classroom the day before seeing the doctor thinking I was getting released.
Recovery has been fairly easy. I did have a minor set back a week after, where I was told to take it easy. Just some bleeding that was probably left over from surgery or possibly minor internal bleeding. The problem is I feel so good that I want to do stuff. 
As for menopause, I'm only have a couple of symptoms. Hot flashes and dry skin. My vision is also worst, but the eye doctor thinks that it's residual from my surgery, that my body is tired and my eyes are compensating for the bad vision anymore. 

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!