Thursday, December 9, 2010

23 week doctor appointment

Today seems to be one of those days that I need to count my blessings. I am so blessed with a husband that takes care of me and our family. I've had a rough couple of days and David has been awesome. Yesterday morning I hurt my back somehow and it got worse throughout the day. By the end of the day I was in too much pain and it had spread to my belly. I called the on call doctor and she recommended we go to the ER. Thankfully we have a good friend that lives in our neighborhood and she came to watch Isaac from 9pm to 1am. In the ER we found that I have, as David puts it, the most expensive UTI ever and ,as the nurse said, a crazy baby. They monitored the baby for a bit and I'm not having contractions and the baby is super active, it was kicking for 4 plus hours straight. They gave me some medicine for the pain and I was able to get a couple of pain-free hours of sleep.
This morning I had a regularly scheduled doctor appointment and everything seems to be going well, with the exception of my back pain. Maybe it was the lack of sleep or maybe it was the pain, but I got so frustrated at the pharmacies, yes I had to go to more than one, that I left crying and called David. Being the wonderfully caring husband he is, he came home with lunch to give me a break and let me rest. My back still hurts, but not nearly as bad as yesterday. They are thinking the back pain is probably muscles, but if it is from the UTI it should go away with the medicine. If it doesn't I'll be visiting a chiropractor.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good excuse for regular MASSAGE THERAPY. sorry you're not feeling well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!