Monday, January 9, 2012

Swallow Study

Nolan had a swallow study this past week to see what's going on when he swallows since he throws up a lot and gags regularly on baby food. It turns out he has reflux and some sensory issues with food. Gagging and throwing up are his ways of saying he doesn't like the food, which seems to be most foods. The doctor gave us the go ahead to give him solid foods, but he just looks at them so far. He has no desire to put them in his mouth. Also the reflux medicine causes him to throw-up. So I'm waiting on the doctor to give me another suggestion. Nolan will start to see a speech therapist to address his sensory issues with food. And I thought Isaac was difficult with food, boy was I wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. What a challenge. I hope that they are able to help him soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!