Friday, January 18, 2008

Update at 10 weeks and 5 days =(

Saturday and Sunday I had a little bleeding but not much so I decided to call the doctor on Monday and told them I was worried. They reassured me that it is normal and that I could come in for an ultrasound to put my mind at ease on Tuesday.
Well, I go in for the ultrasound and the tech isn't saying anything and I didn't see a heartbeat. She said she was going to show the images to the doctor and would be back. She came back with the doctor and showed her more images on the ultrasound. Then the doctor told me that the baby has not grown and there is no heartbeat. Actually hearing this outloud made me bawl. Which I did the rest of the day. David was in NY and when I told him he got on the next flight home and a friend from the church came to stay with me until he got home.
David has been wonderful during this time. He has been encouraging me to eat and do things that I would not do while I was pregnant, such as eating hotdogs, chugging sweet tea, and riding my motocycle.