Friday, July 10, 2009

29 going on 60

A friend of mine suggested that we read Devotions for a Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas. It has a years worth of devotions that you do weekly. Well, this week we read the chapter titled Growing Old Together and it quotes a study in Social Psychology Quarterly. That study states that the happiness of most couples declines somewhat for the first 20 years of marriage, but those who make it to their 35th anniversary find themselves as happy with each other as they felt when they were newlyweds. That means that I will be as happy as a newlywed when I'm 60! I can't stop thinking about us when we're in our sixties. Tonight at dinner I was looking at David wondering if he would be eating with false teeth when he's that old. Then I started wondering if the restaurant would still be there. But all the while I was thinking that we would be as happy as we are tonight when we are all wrinkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!