Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Murphy's Law Weekend

Woke up at 6am; did not go back to sleep and our flight wasn't until 11am. First outfit for both of us. On the flight Isaac's diaper leaked on me, which led to his second outfit and a reminder to me to pack extra clothes for me in the diaper bag. Very tired boy ready for the hotel. Took a very short nap on the way to the hotel and then pooped just before we got to the room. Which led to another outfit for him and me.
Next up, meeting his Crazy Aunt Julie and Uncle Jason. Also playing with his Nyny and Yeye. A good time was had by all until I took him to the other room for a nap and he fell off the bed, which led to his first visit to the ER. The doctor said he was fine, but I think the visit was more for me than him.
Finally Saturday! We got all dressed up for Cousin Mike's wedding and reception. Isaac got to meet all his Huang family member (Nyny is in the picture). He was great during the wedding, the reception was another story. I think he did well considering he finally got to sleep just past 10.
My handsome fellows.
Sunday just added to the weekend of Murphy's Law. He went down for his first nap an hour before we wanted to leave for the airport. He was still sleeping an hour and 15 minutes later. I had to wake him up so we could pack, which led to us getting to the airport 30 minutes before our plane was to leave. We successfully returned the rental car, printed boarding passes, and made it through security with 5 minutes to get to the plane. I don't think we would have made it if security had checked his bottles. We got to Indy early so we called the kennel to pick up the dogs early. We had an hour before they closed and they were just a few miles away from the airport. No problem, right? Not exactly. It took an hour before we were driving out of the parking lot. Luckily the kennel stayed open for us.
Ah, finally home. I feed Isaac, bathed him, read him a book, then put him down for the night, or so I thought. I guess he thought his bedtime should be later. He took a nice nap then woke up at 7:30 and didn't go down until 9. He's asleep now, I hope he stays that way until morning. Even though there were numerous things that didn't go as planned, we had a great time seeing family and meeting new family members. Uncle Jason was wonderful with Isaac and Crazy Aunt Julie is now Isaac's favorite jumping partner. Isaac can't wait to play with his Nyny and Yeye again.

1 comment:

  1. holy cow! that is one crazy trip! ahh! hopefully you can get some R and R now that you are back home. hope he sleeps well for you tonight!


Thanks for leaving a comment!