Monday, May 6, 2013

Half Marathon Completed!

On the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!

In awe of these guys walking it with their packs on, which weighed 40-50 lbs.


I can spot the finish line!This was the most eventful race I've ever done. First off there were bands all throughout the race. One was made up of elementary kids, another was a block gospel, and there were others that were everything from rock to country. Also there were dancers along the way, which consisted of belly dancers, cloggers, square dancers, and cheerleaders. Many people from the community came out of their homes to cheer us on. Security did an awesome job as well. One man tried to sneak on to the track and he was chased and tackled right in front of me. I also saw a couple of firefighters that were in full uniform with helmets, gas masks, and tanks. Thankfully the weather was cool and cloudy the entire race. God really blessed me with a wonderful race experience. I had a hard time after the race. I couldn't get comfortable and my feet had hives all over them. Apparently excess exercise causes and allergic reaction. A marathon is on my bucket list so I may need to train a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!