Friday, June 14, 2013

Dorito 2000-2013

Sadly, my neurotic dog, Dorito aka Max, went to doggy heaven last night. He was shaking badly and I couldn't manage his pain with medication. I took him to the emergency vet to be put to sleep and of course they had to sedate him just to give him an IV. I stayed with him long after the doctor said he was gone because I was sure that the medication wouldn't work on him and that he would jump up any minute. He did not jump up but his mouth did twitch, I can only hope that is because he is eating all the treats he wants in heaven. He was a great guard dog and traveled with me from Charleston to San Diego to Columbia and finally to Indianapolis. I had dreams last night that he woke up after I left. I pretty sure he didn't since the vet didn't call.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss. He only twitched because the muscles misfiring as they relax permanently. He was in no more pain, and that's the Best for them. I kept hearing Fina for days, even though I knew she was gone, she was still in my heart. Dorito will always be in yours, but he is in a much better place, barking all he wants, and eating all he can, and you'll see him again when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, so sorry, Amy. It's so hard to lose a pet. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, Amy. He is in Doggie Heaven for sure. All things that serve their purpose on earth go to heaven.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!