Monday, March 17, 2014

Scholastic Book Fair

I'm the library committee at Isaac's development preschool. This is their first year as an independent school so it doesn't have a library. In previous years it has used classrooms in other elementary school and therefore been able to use their resources. So I have asked parents for donation of books to help set up a library, in which they donated 1000 books. Now that I have those books organized those books and labeled them. I moved on to setting up the scholastic book fair, which I have never been a part of at any other schools. So I had no idea how this thing would pan out, which is pretty stressful for me. I set up this thing and luckily for me the staff and other parents at the preschool ran the register everyday this past week. It turned out to be a huge success. We sold over $3000 worth of products and in return will get 40% back in scholastic dollars to buy more books for the library. Also they sent us the Clifford costume and I got to dress up one day! Yup that's me in there and Isaac doesn't know.


1 comment:

  1. You in the Clifford costume is absolutely cracking me up!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!