Thursday, July 10, 2014

Triathlon Training

I'm finding it hard to keep up with my triathlon training schedule between kids, boot camp workouts, and my personal training sessions. But I have found that I love cycling and I love Julie's racing bike. One day I hope to have one, but boy are they expensive. Her bike took 20 minutes off my ride in comparison to my $99 Menards bike where the seat is more comfortable but a lot more work to go anywhere. I have also learned to never open your mouth when biking. 
So far I'm up to 8.5 miles on the bike and I'd like to train on the roads around here but David won't let me go alone. I may start looking for a group to join soon. Training is going fair so far. I had bronchitis a month ago and while the infection is gone I still have a hard time getting a full breath. So I got an inhaler from the doctor last week. Also I seem to have sprained my big toe, also known as turf toe. So I'm icing my foot after every workout. Hopefully I won't get anymore injuries before the race August 23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!