Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pity Party

My doctor said that I would be more fertile now since I had a miscarriage and a d&c. She was wrong. My progesterone level is .725 when it should be 18 or higher. This makes me feel broken as a woman and defeated. Before my pregnancy, my level was 14 so I took Clomid which made it rise into the 20s so that I would be able to sustain a pregnancy. I'm not even sure Clomid is going to help now. Will it raise it enough? Since this is a hormone supplement I can only take it a few times before it increases my chances of having ovarian cancer. I'm off to eat another box of Thin Mints.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I'm so sorry about how the test results came out. I don't know how I can help you but if there is anything I can do let me know. Try not to feel defeated...I hope things work out the best for you and they way you hope for.
    Lots of hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-
    I have a great book to raise your spirits.

    "Let me be a women" by Elizabeth Elliott

    I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!