Monday, August 25, 2014

Go Girl Triathlon 2014

Saturday I completed my first triathlon! I thought this would be an activity that I would just check off my bucket list, but I loved it and want to do again. Kinda crazy. I loved the swimming and biking, not so much the "running" part. Then again I didn't do any running training. All of my training over the last few months was with swimming and biking because of my hurt foot. I ended up walking most of the running portion. 
This was such a great event. I loved that all the women were so encouraging and I felt pretty average as far as ability wise. As I was l leaving I saw the last person running and group of ladies around her cheering her on and running with her. I loved seeing this. 
I'd love to have some more friends compete with me next year. Aunt Julie (I guess I need to give you your bike back)? Mom?

My friend Elizabeth and her mom, Mary Anne (her first triathlon), did it! We all trained together and I was so thankful for Elizabeth's experience. 

One of my BRCA sisters competed too. Her first triathlon too. My boys came to cheer me on during the running portion. I LOVED having them come support me. It had me smiling the rest of the race. 

We finished and Chickfila had sandwiches for us.
 Nolan loved wearing my metal.
Now for my times- I was 333 out of 500 something; 43 out of my age group; swimming 18:31.3 (340); biking 46:42.2 (12.8 mph/313); running 47:41.3 (15:53.8/367); final time 1:58:52.7

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun experience and I'm so happy we got to train and participate together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!