Thursday, June 24, 2010

How do we keep the garden alive while away?

We pray it rains, and we got rain everyday we were gone. It can been see in the picture of the moat around our garden boxes. We used to have the hoses on a timer but one year our neighbor noticed that his yard was soaked and it was coming from our yard. One of the hoses broke, and thankfully our neighbor turned it off for us. We also have a hummingbird living on our garden bench in the cow head. She is currently singing all day everyday. These tomatoes are the biggest we've ever had, they are now as tall as me! Every time I see these cucumbers I think, "Feed me Seymour!!" They have taken over their box and are moving on to the other boxes around them. I need to learn how to can soon because we are going to have more than we can handle or give away soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!