Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Follow-up Finally

Today I met with the plastic surgeon and it was decided that I need another surgery to move the implant that isn't in the right place. This will be an outpatient procedure and recovery on this should be easier, but I will still have the 4-6 week restriction on heavy lifting.
We also discussed my memory loss and there are two theories. One is that I am sleep deprived, which is very likely. Having the surgery and the drugs after changed my sleep pattern and I may not be back to a normal sleep pattern. The other is that I may be low on iron and it is taking everything I've got just to make it through the day. If that's the case then I need to see my family doctor to get blood work done.
I'm kinda down about this because I was hoping he could just push the implant where it needed to be, you know, adjust it like a chiropractor. I was also thinking that if I had to go under anesthesia again that I would just have him take them out, but it's not that simple. It's actually a big surgery and there would be no turning back because of the excess skin that he would remove. I did find it funny that as soon as I took my gown off the doctor mentioned that he wasn't happy with one side and we have to go bigger. The nurse then reminded him that I wanted to go smaller. These things aren't going to change with my weight fluctuating and I'd like them to look normal after I lose weight. I'm going to try to sleep now, while David puts the boys to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, sweetie. That is disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, I'm sorry it was such a fruitless visit. And even sorrier you have go back in. Blech. Praying for happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!