Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Parent Teacher Conferences 2014-2015

Isaac is doing wonderfully and is picking up on reading and spelling so fast. The teacher was very thankful to have him in her class. She is having difficulties with many of the students in her class and wanted me to tell Isaac that he is not one of them. The difficult students are being inappropriate and then some of the other students join in, thankfully he in not one of them. But it upsets me that she is having a hard time with their behavior because that takes away from Isaac's educational experience.  His teacher has 19 year experience too. I didn't quite understand why people would ask me if I was going to home school our children until now. I still would like for them to get an education in a traditional setting but I might be looking at private school, even if that means I have to go back to work. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry his teacher is having such a rough go, but I'm glad you get to go and volunteer often, I know how much that means to them. And though it sounds awful, I would just say give all those kids a few months. It took Chris until Feb/March to get the groove of Kindergarten. He wasn't terrible, but in combination with some of the other more rambunctious kids, it could/did escalate to awful pretty quickly. It can, and often does get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!